Click here to buy Maracuja Oil
Nowadays, it seems that a new exotic oil pops up every time you take a turn in the beauty aisle. From pequi oil to argan oil, everyone seems to have discovered a natural oil that works for their skin. This article is going to look at maracuja oil, an essential oil whose popularity as a hair and skin care product is on the rise. Also known as passion fruit seed oil, Maracuja oil is derived from an Amazonian passion fruit endemic in Brazil, Peru, Paraguay, and Ecuador and it is rich in linoleic acid (a fatty acid) and phytochemicals and nutrients including flavanoids, beta-carotene, xanthenes, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E and calcium. Below are some of the skin care benefits offered by this oil.
1. One of the main maracuja oil benefits is that this oil offers healing and anti-inflammatory properties which means that it can help repair skin damage and acne scarring. This is due to the fact that the oil is rich in vitamin C, a strong anti-oxidant. Apart from this maracuja oil acne benefit, the oil’s antioxidant properties can also help restore youth to your skin and keep it looking younger for longer. The antioxidants eliminate free radicals from your skin cells and this boosts cell health and helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The oil also contains high concentrations of phosphorus and calcium, making it especially nourishing to the skin.
2. Pure maracuja oil extract contains high amounts of linolenic acid, the essential fatty acid that naturally softens your skin. In fact, up to 80 percent of pure maracuja extract is linolenic acid. Other fatty acid such as stearic, palmitic, and oleic acids are also present in lower concentrations. This makes it the perfect moisturizer for all types of skin.
3. When topically applied, the oil helps control sebum production in the skin, which keeps the skin from becoming too dry or too oily. This homeostatic effect means that you can use the oil regardless of your skin type; from the very oily to dry to the ultra-sensitive. The oil seems to be “smart”, identifying problems with your skin and delivering the targeted nutrients whenever they are needed to achieve the best result.
4. Most people topically apply the oil on the skin as a moisturizing agent. However, the oil is also included as an ingredient in other beauty products like bath oils and shampoo. It is also held in very high esteem as a massage oil, and is especially effective when used on people suffering from arthritis.
5. Apart from the cosmetic/skin benefits, maracuja extract is also very nutritious and can be used as an additive to a variety of meals, nourishing you from inside. What’s more, the pure oil has a nutty taste that greatly enhances the food’s taste.
The true strength of this natural oil is its three pronged mode of operation: re-hydration, repairing and replenishing, which makes it ideal for aging, broken or worn out skin. When rubbed into the skin, the oil gets easily absorbed leaving no odor or color behind. This means that you won’t have to worry about excess oil being left on your skin. In case, you feel even the slightest high of oil on your skin, then you may have applied too much. Fortunately, this can be easily fixed by blending the oil out till it gets absorbed into the skin. Overall, you will like the smooth fresh feeling it leaves on your face.
How does it compare to other natural oils
There are quite a few skin care products based on natural oils on the market today so it may be hard for you to choose the right one. As a general rule, the heavier the oil is in its natural state, the better its skin moisturizing, and antioxidant properties are. The main fatty acid found in maracuja extract is linonelic acid while other effective natural oils such as pequi and argan oil have oleic acid, which is lighter. So on this basis alone, maracuja oil trumps the other oils. Moreover, it also contains a variety of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins that offer numerous health and cosmetic benefits.
This oil is a fast acting skin care product so you can expect to start enjoying the benefits almost immediately. Linolenic acid has very strong hydrating properties and it doesn’t take long after application to notice the hair and skin become smooth and supple. Moreover, the oil is highly effective so a small amount can go a long way. Two to three drops should be enough to cover your neck area and face.